At Save the Children Australia we pride ourselves on our will to embrace change and mould our programs to suit the ever-changing needs of communities across Australia, the Pacific and beyond. There is no such thing as the status quo; we are constantly adapting to strive for maximum impact. Save the Children is a leading child protection agency in Vanuatu, and we need your unrivalled knowledge and experience to ensure high quality child protection programming. Be the voice of child protection in all that you do.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there’s a disaster – like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
Where you come in:
In this fixed-term full time position based in Port Vila, Vanuatu, you will provide technical leadership and advice for the design, implementation and monitoring of Save the Children’s Child Protection related activities. You will occasionally work unusual hours, dependent on need, and approximately 30% of your time will be spent working on outreach project activities. The initial six-month contract may be extended upon completion, dependent on funding.
You will make an impact by:
- Building capacity in local civil society organizations on issues related to Child Protection in Emergencies
- Actively participating in national level meetings and working groups to coordinate child protection activities
- Securing funding for new and existing Child Protection programs
- Establishing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems to inform current and future program qualityYou will be based in our well-appointed head office in the bustling centre of Port Vila, a popular tourist destination located on picturesque Efate island. Port Vila is an extremely friendly and safe environment with an array of cafes, restaurants, shops and other businesses.If we could compose the perfect you
You have significant experience of working in Child Protection programming in both development and emergency contexts, preferably in the Pacific. Patience, tact and diplomacy, coupled with strong interpersonal skills will see you hold a level of awareness to always be culturally sensitive. An ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders will see you engage major donors and successfully deliver on submitted funding proposals.
This role requires:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work or Human Rights, or equivalent field experience
- Familiarity with key international standards for humanitarian work
- Well-developed stakeholder engagement skills
- Demonstrated experience in representation and advocacy skills
- Notable experience in building strong Child Protection systems and in delivering services to children in emergenciesWorking at Save the Children is more than just a job.It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same. You will be rewarded with a comprehensive rewards package including relevant insurances, allowances for mobilisation and accommodation, a friendly and flexible work environment and great career opportunities – both locally and internationally.
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on one of the buttons in the ‘Apply’ section below.
We know diversity makes a positive difference and you can be a national of any country to apply for this position, and are not required to relocate to Australia.
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 23rd February 2018.
Position description – Child Protection Technical Advisor
How to apply: reliefweb