Job Position: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- As a key business partner, this hands-on role will lead the business to strong profitability and attractive returns on capital.
- The CFO reports to the CEO with the Head of Accounts as direct reports.
Fundraising (Equity and Debt):
- Optimize capital structure and cost of capital targeting with a focus on reducing cost and quantum of working capital and increasing intervention term funding
- Partner with CEO to raise equity as required to support growth.
- Strategic planning and financial analysis of various options and scenarios as company approaches important decisions in marketing, product development, procurement, manufacturing costs and capabilities.
- Understand cost drivers to set product direction and manufacturing/sourcing strategy.
- Analyze unit economics for key product lines and estimate return on capital for proposed investments.
- Use of market analysis and manufacturing information in business planning.
- Drive development and review of operating budgets/plans
- Identify, establish, prepare and review appropriate internal controls
- Enterprise risk management including property/casualty insurance and data security
- Establish and review appropriate external reports including Board of Directors packages, tax returns, valuation reports, and audit package
- Identify, establish and review appropriate internal reports including monthly management reports, forecasts and cash flow projection
Skills and background needed:
- Minimum 10 years business experience
- Knowledge of accounting and best practices
- Experience with manufacturing companies, MRP and ERP systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to make presentations to the Board of Directors
- Ability to work collaboratively with CEO and Leadership Team
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting, MBA a plus
- Recent and relevant fundraising experience
- Cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with small companies; works independently and takes initiative
- Strong financial modeling and analysis skills
How to apply: jobgurus