What are the fund’s objectives?
These initiatives will have a demonstrable human rights impact in Australia and must have the potential to advance one or more of the fund’s objectives:
- foster grassroots community activism
- engage and empower a diversity of people to build networks and promote the growth of a human rights constituency
- acknowledge the initiatives and endeavours of the human rights movement; and
- develop partnerships with other organisations
Ideas for projects
These are a small sample only – we encourage you to think outside the square:
- speaker tour
- human rights defender tour (for example, a national tour of a defender of human rights, who has an inspiring story to tell)
- a human rights photography project in remote Indigenous communities
- an Amnesty International program broadcast online
- networking with human rights organisations for a particular outcome
- a human rights seminar/event
- activism retreat held for high school students or other community sectors
- an interactive web-based human rights campaign
- human rights awareness raising activity and/or outreach to new audiences
- setting up a virtual action group around a particular human rights issue
- an innovative display or stall design for a local action group to attract new supporters
Who can apply?
Anyone can apply — individuals, local action groups, community groups or networks and organisations from any Australian State or Territory.
What are the funding criteria?
Projects must have a demonstrable human rights impact and the potential to advance one or more the Fund’s objectives outlined above.